An individual subscription to Computing Reviews is $350/year. To start
receiving the best in computing literature, use the form below to
READ THIS AGREEMENT COMPLETELY. THIS IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT") BETWEEN THE SUBSCRIBER ("YOU") AND THINKLOUD, LOCATED AT 17 W. 17TH STREET, 7TH FLOOR, NEW YORK, NY 10011 ("THINKLOUD"), REGARDING THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF YOUR SUBSCRIPTION TO THE SERVICE DESCRIBED BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THEN DO NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THE SERVICE.
You and ThinkLoud agree as follows:
1. Content. "Content" means the reviews, commentary, information, articles and other text, images and materials available now or in the future through the use of the Service and the Site, and includes Third Party Content.
2. Third Party Content. "Third Party Content" means any text, commentary, graphics, or other information made available through the Service and the Site that is provided by third parties (including without limitation the reviewers, other users of the Service, and advertisers).
3. Service. The "Service" means ThinkLoud's "Computing Reviews" online resources, which includes without limitation access to Content, indices, search engines, Forums, and other services available at www.computingreviews.com (the "Site").
4. License. Subject to Your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, ThinkLoud, Inc. grants You a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access the Service and use, reproduce, search, browse, view, and download the Content solely for the Your personal use and/or for Your internal business, non-commercial use, and not to provide services to others. This license allows You to duplicate or download only small portions of the Content at a time, and not the entire Content as whole. Access to the Content or Service by anyone other than You is prohibited.
5. Ownership and General Restrictions. ThinkLoud, Inc. does not grant You any rights in or to the Content or the Service other than the limited license granted to You above. ThinkLoud, Inc. and its licensors retain full ownership of all right, title, and interest in and to the Service, including without limitation the Content and all copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent, or other proprietary or intellectual property rights available anywhere worldwide ("IP Rights") embodied therein. Except as specifically permitted in this Agreement, You may not modify, adapt, transform, translate, distribute, re-transmit, display publicly, or exploit commercially the Service or any of the Content. Any copyright notices, or other notices appearing in the Content or the Service may not be removed, obscured, or modified in any way.
7. ThinkLoud, Inc. Obligations. In consideration for your payment to ThinkLoud, Inc. of the appropriate monthly fee, ThinkLoud, Inc. shall grant You access to the Service using the login name and password created by You at the time of Your registration.
8. Subscriber Obligations. In addition to abiding by all other terms of this Agreement, You shall pay ThinkLoud, Inc. the applicable subscription fee upon execution of this Agreement and every year thereafter (at ThinkLoud, Inc.'s then-current rate) that you opt to renew.
9. Subscriber Warranties. You represent and warrant that:
a. You are at least 18 years of age and that You possess the legal right to enter into this Agreement;
b. You shall maintain the confidentiality of Your login name and password, shall not disclose them to anyone, and shall immediately notify ThinkLoud, Inc. if Your password is lost, stolen, disclosed to any unauthorized third party, or otherwise may have been compromised;
c. You shall be solely and entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under Your account, and shall immediately notify ThinkLoud, Inc. of any unauthorized use of Your account, or of other breach of security in relation to the Service that is or becomes known to You;
d. You shall not upload or otherwise infect the Service with any virus, trojan horse, worm or other malicious code, engage in a "denial of service" or similar attack on the Service, or otherwise damage the Service or interfere with other users' use and enjoyment of the Service;
e. You shall not use, upload, or employ any spiders, robots, or other similar roving or scanning programs or software to analyze, collect, or extract any information on or available through the Service, including without limitation any Content, Third Party Content, user information, login names and passwords;
f. any pictures, text, or other materials that You upload, post, publish or otherwise make available through the Service (collectively "Submissions") shall not infringe the IP Rights of any third parties;
g. You grant ThinkLoud, Inc. a non-exclusive, perpetual, transferable, fully paid up, royalty free, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, make, have made, sell and otherwise commercially exploit (including the right to grant sublicenses) any Submissions by You, including any IP Rights embodied therein;
h. You shall not use the Service to (i) defame, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (including without limitation the rights of privacy and publicity) of any third parties; (ii) impersonate or misrepresent Yourself as an employee or other agent of ThinkLoud, Inc.; (iii) solicit other users' login name(s) and password(s); (iv) advertise, either on Your behalf or on behalf of any third party, any goods or services provided by You or by such third party; (v) transmit racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive or sexually explicit/obscene language, pictures, videos, or other media; (vi) discuss or incite criminal or illegal activity;
10. Disclaimer. THE SERVICE AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. REVIEWS.COM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. REVIEWS.COM SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. ThinkLoud, Inc. disclaims any and all liability for any claims, losses, damages, or other liabilities arising out of or related to the Content, the articles, books or other materials which are the subject of reviews, or the Submissions and discussions in the Forums. ThinkLoud, Inc. (and its licensors and contractors) does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any Content. The Third Party Content available through the Service represents the opinions and/or judgments of the respective authors. ThinkLoud, Inc. neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on the Service, including in any Forum, by anyone other than authorized ThinkLoud, Inc. employee spokespersons while acting in their official capacities.
11. Indemnification. You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless ThinkLoud, Inc. for any claims, losses, damages or other liabilities arising out of, or related to, (1) any use of or unauthorized access to the Service or Content through Your password or login name that is contrary to this Agreement; (2) any representations and warranties made by You in this Agreement, and (3) any third party claims for copyright, trade secret, trademark, or other proprietary rights infringement; and for violation of the rights of privacy and publicity, defamation, or similar tort claims, arising out of or related to any Submissions made under Your login name anywhere on the Service, or through any other use by You of the Service, Content or the Site.
12. Limitation of Liability. ThinkLoud, Inc. shall not be liable to You, or any third party, for any incidental, consequential, special, indirect, exemplary or punitive damages (including lost profits, loss of data, lost revenue, lost use, or other economic advantage) arising out of or related to this Agreement, the Site, Service, or the Content, whether arising under contract or tort law, or for breach of warranty, or for infringement or violation of any intellectual property rights, even if ThinkLoud, Inc. has been advised of the possibility of such damages. ThinkLoud, Inc.'s aggregate liability to You or any third party shall not exceed the amount paid by You to ThinkLoud, Inc. for Your current subscription to the Service.
13. Term and Termination. The term of this Agreement will commence on the date that You accept this Agreement (using the method indicated on the Individual Account Request Form, and shall renew automatically from year to year unless You or ThinkLoud, Inc. notifies the other party in writing at least two (2) business days prior to the first of the next subscription period, or unless the Agreement is terminated as provided below. Any renewal shall be subject to payment of the then-current subscription fee. ThinkLoud, Inc. reserves the right to terminate immediately Your access to the Service at any time upon written notice for any violation of this Agreement by You, or by anyone who gains access to the Service using Your password and login name. In the event of termination or expiration, all licenses granted to You herein shall terminate. The following provisions shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement: Sections 10 ("Disclaimer"), 11 ("Indemnification"), 12 ("Limitation of Liability"), 13 ("Term and Termination"), and 14 ("General").
as specified on the Site, and to You at the address supplied by You at the time of subscription, or to such other address as each party may notify the other of in writing in accordance with this provision, as follows: (a) by personal delivery, effective upon delivery; (b) by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, on the date of receipt; (c) by overnight delivery service, on the date of delivery; or (d) by e-mail, effective one (1) day after sending such e-mail so long as the sending party does not receive any notice of delivery failure, but provided that if two attempts to notify You by e-mail result in a failure of delivery notice, and ComputingReviews.com has no other contact information for You, notice to You shall be effective one (1) day after the third (3rd) attempted e-mail delivery, regardless of ThinkLoud, Inc.'s receipt of any failure of delivery notice after such third attempt.